The importance of protecting your unlimited potential: a look at some unlimited potential achievements & quotes
“Each of us is born with the potential for the unfolding of our true self. When you deviate from the truth, you are interfering with the intention of something greater than you are; call it nature or a higher power”—Anonymous/Unknown.
Each human being has unlimited potential within themself, but not many are aware that life is full of immense and unlimited possibilities.
It’s a sad tragedy of life that many people watch their hidden inner unlimited potential die without ever being tapped to the greatest extent possible. The greater tragedy is watching unlimited potential live a limited life.
Despite the limits that reality attempts to impose on us, we still have to define and go for what we want instead of leaving everything to be influenced by the hands of fate which can in turn be influenced by human faith.
Regardless of the circumstances imposed on us—synonymous with how the earth covers the precious/untapped minerals of the Earth—we have far more unlimited potential than we are usually aware of; we have far more unlimited potential than the abilities we have been able to unleash. If we can make effort to push/drive ourselves more, we will be surprised at the greater deeds we will be able to accomplish. Thomas Edison famously said, “When you’ve exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t”.
The truth is that many people don’t reach their full potential, while others are only satisfied with settling for only a portion of it. On the other hand, only few people really make a strong decision and effort to maximize their lives by fully utilizing their inner hidden treasures—their talents and abilities.
When doing so, they unleash that hidden unlimited potential which each human being has the opportunity to tap into and materialize great deeds. One very important question that needs a good answer is this: are we ready to tap into our God-given human unlimited potential?
It is important to note that people who accomplish great things believe they have unlimited potential and always make appreciable effort to locate it and tap into it more and more each passing day.
Nothing great/new will ever be achieved, and no difficulty will ever be surmounted if we allow family, environment, society, or current level of faith or ability determine what we can or cannot do.
Always put it at the back of your mind that human potential is unlimited, and expands without limit whenever appreciable effort is put in to work and improve on it.
We must always remember and believe that we have unlimited potential; and so we have to do our utmost best to protect our hearts with positivity whenever we meet challenges.
Don’t allow the pressure of self and society to influence your unlimited potential and make it fall: “if you think you are standing firm, be careful so you won’t fall”—1st Corinthians 10:12 (The Bible).
But what is the meaning of unlimited potential?
When indirectly referring to unlimited potential, many people say “the sky is the limit”; on the other hand, unlimited potential means something even far greater than that. Although unlimited potential could mean many things, it can be defined by some of the following enlightening statements:
- Unlimited potential means the ability, possibility or inherent capacity to go above and beyond any normal or existing level/extent.
- Unlimited potential means the ability to continuously and endlessly grow, expand and achieve greater things.
- Unlimited potential means the ability to always be positive and inspired in the face of current and future challenges, and never give up or give in until success is guaranteed or materialized.
The journey to tapping unlimited potential usually encounters many challenges which are generated from established traditions, status quos, norms, social expectations and value systems that try to shape, control and oppress natural human talents and abilities.
Even at the very beginning of life, infants and children receive a fair share of expectations from parents, siblings, family members, community and society; and in many cases, a lot of expectations end up stifling and limiting children’s hidden unlimited potential, especially in the future.
At the end of the day, unlimited potential is trapped and suppressed within many human spirits until it is suffocated, buried and lost—very sad.
Regardless of what happens, we can always start afresh and be consistently inspired by the great achievements of the past.
Some of the greatest unlimited potential achievements in history
- Declaration (orientation) of human rights: Throughout history, countless number of people have either been treated as animals, or even less than animals. After centuries of injustice, religious persecution, and disregard for human lives and rights, human rights was declared and passed by law; this is one of the greatest achievements in history. A part of the earliest declarations in the United States constitution was drafted by Thomas Jefferson. U.S. Declaration of Human Rights (July 4, 1776): “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness”.
- The Wright brothers achieved a great technical feat by successfully flying a plane in air.
- A successful journey was made to the moon on July 20, 1969.
- The invention of the telephone by Alexander Graham Bell who was 28 years old at the time.
- The invention of the radio by Nikola Tesla who was 35 years old at the time.
- The invention of the World Wide Web by Tim John Berners-Lee, an English computer scientist who first made communication successful between a HTTP client and server via the Internet on December 25, 1990.
Some popular and inspiring quotes on unlimited potential & possibilities
- Abraham Maslow: “One’s only rival is one’s own potentialities. One’s only failure is failing to live up to one’s possibilities. In this sense, every man can be a king and must therefore be treated like a king”.
- Brian Tracy: “The potential of the average person is like a huge ocean unsailed, a new continent unexplored, a world of possibilities waiting to be released and channelled toward some great good”.
- Eddie Robinson: “The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential…these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence”.
- Joel Osteen: “No matter how many times you get knocked down, keep getting back up. GOD sees your resolve. He sees your determination. And when you do everything you can do, that’s when GOD will step in and do what you can’t do”.
- John Maxwell: “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential”.
- Mary McLeod Bethune: “We have a powerful potential in our youth, and we must have the courage to change old ideas and practices so that we may direct their power toward good ends”.
- Paramahamsa Nithyananda: “Living enlightenment is being intense in every moment and responding intuitively to achieve your limitless potential for creativity and joy”.
- Ramtha: “You cannot see anything that you do not first contemplate as a reality”.
- Roger Williams: “The greatest crime in the world is not developing your potential. When you do what you do best, you are helping not only yourself, but the world”.
- Shunryu Suzuki: “In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few”.
- Simon Travaglia: “The greatest barrier to someone achieving their potential is their denial of it”.
- Thich Nhat Hanh: “Because you are alive, everything is possible”.
- William Churchill: “Continuous effort—not strength or intelligence—is the key to unlocking our potential”.
- William Faulkner: “Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself”.
- William W. Purkey: “Human potential, though not always apparent, is there waiting to be discovered and invited forth”.
Even Jesus Christ, who is a great signpost of unlimited potentials for humanity, best demonstrated the unlimited nature of the potential in mankind when he said, “Everything is possible to him that believes”—Mark 9:23.
This statement says a lot about the reality of human unlimited potential; it should challenge us to assess the negative beliefs we hold, which limit us whenever we face fears and limitations.
Don’t ever count yourself out of anything that hasn’t yet been materialized. Believe in yourself and the unlimited potential that lies within you; it is waiting patiently for your permission and any opportunity to be unleashed.
Don’t worry if you haven’t yet tapped into your unlimited potential. Keep on being positive, and do all that’s within your power—100%; for GOD knows your value and always saw from the beginning of time the great deeds your everlasting unlimited potential can achieve.
Therefore, always hold your head up high, and remember that GOD has placed within the universe a great plan and purpose for each person to accomplish.