10 Important practices that can greatly increase your rankings on search engines
If you are a site or blog owner who is interested in improving your SEO rankings, this article will provide you with an example and the most important steps to do so using keyword search results.
The use of popular keywords can improve your SEO rankings. The following are 10 important practices that can greatly increase your SEO rankings:
(1) Know or state “exactly” what you would like to write about, and write the main keyword or keywords down.
At the initial stage of preparing articles, it is very important to have a concrete and precise idea of what you would like to write about.
For example, let’s assume you are an affiliate marketer who wants to promote “wordpress.com”—not wordpress.org—then your main keyword should be “wordpress.com”.
Other keywords could follow, but before you decide on using them, conduct a keyword search for “wordpress.com” and assess your results in order to find other minor/related keywords that are popularly searched for.
(2) Conduct keyword search for “wordpress.com” and select other minor/related keywords that can be used to enrich your articles and improve SEO ranking
A number of sites can be used to conduct keyword search online. However, if you would like to conduct free keyword search, you can use KeywordTool.io via the following link: https://keywordtool.io/google.
Visit the website and select “Global”—if you would like to find the recent most popular keywords that are being searched for worldwide—and the language, which in this case is English.
After you select those two options, type/enter “wordpress.com” in the search box and the following results of the top 23 mostly popularly searched keywords (worldwide) would appear as shown in the figures below:
Figure 1: Top 7 most popularly searched keywords, worldwide
Figure 2: Top 8th to 23rd most popularly searched keywords, worldwide
Note that the most popularly searched keywords—minor/related keywords—are “wordpress.com themes”, “wordpress.com” pricing, “wordpress.com or wordpress.org), etc.—the list goes on as you move down the table.
(3) Study the results obtained from keyword search
After you conduct keyword search, study the results, assess and select the keywords that would best fit the content you intend to create.
If you already had other keywords in mind that didn’t show up the search results, you can still find a way to discuss about them in your content.
(4) Select the keywords you wish to place/use in your article
(5) Choose a befitting and attractive title or headline that would likely attract clicks—make sure the main keyword is in the title
From our example—creating content around the keyword “wordpress.com”—we could select a title such as: “Why WordPress.com is the best platform to build your website: themes, pricing, support”.
This title is would likely attract clicks from searchers of the most popular keywords because it tells them that themes, pricing, support—which are among the most popular keywords—will be discussed.
(6) Put the minor/related keywords in “bold” sub-headings within your content. This can help scanners to quickly locate different types of popular keywords.
(7) Conduct thorough internet and book searches for the most informative content that is related to your interest, and is based on your selected keywords.
(8) Write your content in an original, informative, and interesting way that can provide readers with useful information.
(9) Make sure you discuss each piece of relevant information under each bold sub-heading within your content.
(9) Place an appreciable amount of white space (spacing) in your content in order to make is easier for people to read.
(10) Self-edit your work, or give it to a good editor to view it before publishing. This would ensure your work is void of grammatical errors that can reduce your SEO rankings on search engines.
If you are interested in reading more articles on blogging in conjunction with SEO, click the following links:
(Featured Image Credit: Pixabay.com.)